Thursday, March 24, 2005

Thursday

Today I went on a bike ride and now I am absolutely nackered.

Last night me and John P. Agreed that we should go on a bike ride. I chose Penshaw Monument as the destination. I hadn't been there in years and it isn't that far. Or at least it wouldn't have been had we not gone on the suggested cycle routes. We went via the beach with a stop off in Sunderland city centre. The outbound trip took 3 hours with breaks. The return trip only took only 1 and a half hours. I think in future I will use that route.

When we got to Penshaw we climbed the hill from the north side(the normal way up by car is from the south.) On the way up we saw nobody at all. As we got closer to the monument there was the distinct sound of talking. This continued for about 100 yards but we saw nobody to account for the sound. Then as we reached the monument there were kids everywhere. It was the annual egg rolling contest. Grrr. Annoying small children.

Anyway it was a good day overall if very tiring. (See Pictures of the trip)

Only 6 Days until New York now, getting quite excited.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home