Tuesday, May 02, 2006

ABC Proxy Problem

After seeing Kyle's recent post about getting lost to play in your browser thanks to ABC's new AD Supported viewer I decided to give it a whirl. So I type in my usual US proxy server into my config but nothing happens. This server is pretty reliable so im quite surprised. So I try another, same problem.

After a minute it clicked that it was because I was behind a proxy. So to get passed it I had to set up a proxy tunnel (something I had to learn how to do since I had only heard about it before today) using "HTTPort 3SNFM" a nifty bit of freeware. So that allowed my to bypass my local proxy to get at the remote one. It all feels a bit hackeresque but the way I see it if ABC won't let me watch it for no good reason I'm entitled find a way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home