Sunday, August 06, 2006

Firefox is Back

Recently firefox has been grinding to a halt for me. As has the rest of my computer to be honest. But not any more!

My first problem was that somewhere in my firefox settings and many extensions was somthing slowing down firefox. I got rid of the old settings keeping the bookmarks, cookies and passwords and started up again. Things were a bit faster.

I then googled for speed tweaks and I found a site that showed how to install it on your RAM. That sounded like a good way to waste half and hour of a Sunday afternoon. So I followed it (and it was nice and simple) and now firefox is running of 32MB of my RAM leaving plenty left over for other things.

Its all looking good for now and I am enjoying being back upto speed.

Reference:
How to Speed Up Firefox by Running It In RAM - WikiHow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home