Sunday, October 07, 2007

Foo Fighters - Band on the Run

I've always been a fan of good song covers. For me the cover must add something new, either significantly improved production or a whole new spin on the original.

This cover by the Foo's from the "Radio 1 Est. 1967" collection takes the Wings song and adds a new spin. It stays close to the original to begin with but adds the Foo's trademark neat grunge effect to the speedier parts of the song. Personally I think it's a really good cover but I like the original and the Foo's so I'm clearly biased. Have a listen to see what you think.

The full album has some good covers but most are carbon copies of the original which I see as pointless.


If you can't see the player <a href='http://www.dur.ac.uk/michael.smith/blog/music.html'>Click Here</a> to listen to the song.
- from Squeeze-box Blog.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home